3 step checklist for your personalization plan
Your CMS personalization checklist
One of the biggest buzzwords over the past several years is personalization. Personalization enables you to provide your visitors with different versions of assets or interactions. Imagine you could make each of your website visitors feel as if they are having lunch in their favorite local restaurant, where the chefs already know what to cook before the order is placed.
Sitefinity CMS enables you to deliver different versions of content and pages to different types of audiences. You can define these segments based on a wide range of user characteristics and data. You can personalize pages, templates, widgets or create dynamic content.
If you are thinking about implementing it or are already working on your personalization strategy, see the checklist below to make sure you have covered all that you need for success.
Step 1: Key Questions
Take the time to answer these questions:
- Who are my buyers?
- How can I identify their specific targets?
- Do I have content that aligns with the buyer personas?
- What value do I want to add to the experience on my website?
- What steps do I want website visitors to take next?
- What do I want to measure?
- What defines success for me?
Step 2: The Right Tools
For your personalization strategy to be successful and grow, you need to have the right tools in place:
- Make the unknown user known by reviewing behavioral, audience and third-party data.
- Go beyond just using the inbox by displaying dynamic website content based on visitors’ personas, actions, and stage in the customer journey.
- Give a full view of the customer by reviewing their support claims, profile data, browsing behavior and order history to determine relevant content.
Step 3: A Launch Plan
Once you know your buyers and you have the right tools in place, you can begin creating your personalization program with these five steps:
- Segment your audience with unique identifiers to target the right message to the right person.
- Refine your messages so that they are relevant and engaging to each of your target groups.
- Clearly define your CTA within each message to drive your audience to take the action that you would like them to take.
- Go to where the conversation is by remarketing on the channels and pages you know your audience visits to drive them back to your website.
- Optimize. Optimize. Optimize. Continuously testing what’s working is vital and make sure to update and adjust as needed.
If you have any questions or are interested in discussing the possibilities of personalization with Sitefinity, contact us today.