SETI #19: Tiktok, Core Web Vitals, Sustainability & Roblox
Last month we covered great speeches most people have never heard, latest digital innovations and explored how and why Pokemon conquered the world. In our SETI today we are looking into Deepfake videos on Tiktok, how to animate your family photos and understanding and optimising for core web vitals.
- UX and SEO: Understanding and optimising for core web vitals
Understand the logic behind the Core Web Vitals, the objective measurement of User Experience that can be optimised for in the expectation that if we meet our Core Web Vitals targets, we will be rewarded on the SERP.
- Technology: Soul in the machine – combatting unconscious bias
What can be done to ensure that computing systems are treating users fairly and responsibly?
- TikTok: Deepfake TikTok videos of Tom Cruise watched by millions
Tom Cruise looks at the camera. “I’m going to show you some magic,” he says holding up a coin. Except, that’s not him. The Deepfake technology is developing faster than most people realise, experts warn.
- Sustainability: What’s behind the grille of the new Nikola Hydrogen-Electric Truck
There's nothing ordinary about the Nikola Two, the first Class 8 tractor unveiled by Nikola Motors on April 16. It has 10 tires and disc brakes, but that's where the similarities to existing Class 8 tractors end. Nikola Motor Company CEO Trevor Milton is quick to point out that this truck is not a diesel conversion, but something brand new from the ground up.
- Learning: Roblox coding for kids: A Lua starter guide
What is the best age to start learning how to code? Roblox suggests, you can start as early as 3 years old. For those kids who you know have the imagination and creativity (and an entrepreneurial spirit) but just need an outlet, Roblox is a great option to explore.
- Digital transformation: Irish banks club together with new digital service to counter Revolut threat
Bank of Ireland, AIB, Permanent TSB and the Irish arm of Belgian bank KBC have come together to set up Syntech Payments to launch a digital app.
- Design: Text fields and form design – UI component series
Simple rules that will help you design forms users would like to complete.
- Inspiration: Animate your family photos
New service Deep Nostalgia™ by MyHeritage Ltd, allows you to animate the faces in your family photos with amazing technology. Experience your family history like never before.
- COVID-19 and Stress: A Stanford lecturer says this trick is the closest you can come to an off switch for stress
You can't make 2021 stress-free but you can change how you respond to uncertainty and fear.
- Business: TIME named 100 most influential companies 2020
Which companies are shaping our future? That’s the question at the heart of the first ever TIME100 Most Influential Companies, a new list that highlights businesses making an extraordinary impact around the world.
Feel free to share and tweet us or contact us if you have read any interesting articles that you think we should feature.
We hope you enjoy the selection. Sign up to the newsletter if you would like us to keep you updated.