Preparing your digital campaigns for Apple iOS 14 updates
Recently Apple announced changes with iOS 14 that will impact how we receive and process conversion events from key major advertisers – Google and Facebook. This means that digital content management teams need to change the way they plan, create and manage their digital campaigns. If your business is using digital advertisement to support your web content on mobile apps, and optimize, target, and report on web conversion events from any of Google or Facebook business tools, you will be affected.
Specifically, Apple will begin to require that apps in the App Store engage in what Apple defines as "tracking" to show a prompt to iOS 14 users, in accordance with their AppTrackingTransparency framework. Apple’s policy will prohibit certain data collection and sharing unless people opt into tracking on iOS 14 devices via the prompt. As more people opt out of tracking on iOS 14 devices, ads personalization and performance reporting will be limited for both app and web conversion events.
In response to these changes, Facebook and Google have both stepped in with official manuals on how to support their partners in dealing with the iOS changes. In our article today we have collected some of the main recommendations that will hopefully be useful to you and your teams.
For your Google Ads service users:
- Keep your Google Mobile Ads (GMA) SDK up to date (To help improve iOS monetization rates, Apple recomments developers to upgrade to version 7.64 of the Google Mobile Ads SDK for new features like SKAdNetwork support).
- Configure Apple's SKAdNetwork.
- Decide whether Apple’s ATT prompt is right for your app.
- Safeguard your iOS advertising campaigns.
- See Google official press release on iOS 14 update here.
- Se the full business support guide here.
For Facebook Ads service users:
- Update to Facebook’s SDK for iOS 14 version 8.1 to help personalize ads delivered to iOS 14 users, and continue to receive app conversion events reporting.
- Verify your website’s domain to help avoid any future disruption of your website campaigns.
- Configure 8 preferred web conversion events per domain in Events Manager.
- If you already set up your pixel using IMG tags or plan to do so, Facebook recommends that you follow their developer documentation.
- See Facebook official partner support plan here.
- See the full business support guide here.
Your website is an essential part of any digital marketing campaign. It is the core element of the sales funnel, which helps you attract, engage and convert your customers.
If you would like to work with us to build your bespoke digital presence, contact us today.